Exterior Car Detailing
Down to the Details!
Detailing the exterior of your vehicle is just what the word says…detailing. This is not a quick wash or wax service. Car Pool Detail gets down to the details of your exterior to make it shine. Licensed and insured for over 30 years, Car Pool Detail offers different levels of exterior detailing, depending upon the age and upkeep of your vehicle.
Trust us – there is very little we haven’t seen, but we can still surprise you! Even the worst-case scenarios can come out shining like new, and if your car isn’t in too bad shape, we can make the exterior of your auto mobile glisten like it did the day you drove it off the showroom floor!
The goal of an Exterior Detailing job on your vehicle is to:
- Bring out the maximum shine and luster of the paint finish.
- Remove or minimize (not hide) light surface scratches and imperfections.
- Apply a protective paint sealant.
- Meticulously clean, revitalize, and protect every inch of the exterior surface, including the trim, glass, wheels, door jambs, fender-wells and tires.
Except for our “While-you-wait” Express-Plus Detail service, we prefer you make an appointment. Most of the time we can service your vehicle in 24 hours, but more extreme cases may take 48 hours. We also accept emergency appointments and you can also drop off your auto mobile the evening before and pick it up after hours through out Key-Drop Service.
- Hand Wash – Using the softest microfiber towels and pH neutral “finish friendly” car wash soap, Car Pool Detail hand-washes the surface to remove dirt and environmental contaminants.
- Door Jambs, Wheel Wells, Rims, Exhaust Pipes and Tire Cleaning – Car Pool Detail removes impacted brake dust and dirt build-up in crevices and rubber trim. We polish, paint, and clear coat all chrome or metal surfaces including exhaust pipes. We then pressure wash and scrub the tires, white walls, wheel wells, mud-guards, and rocker panels.
- Vinyl or Fabric Top Wash and Protection – We use special cleaning procedures to clean vinyl, fabric and white convertible tops. We also apply protection products to repel water from both vinyl and fabric tops.
- Paint Finish Pre-Cleaning – Remove tree sap, road tar, insect fluids, industrial fall out, and contaminants not removed during the wash phase, using appropriate products. We will also remove bumper stickers and decals upon request.
- Taping Trim – Masking all black or chrome trim pieces for protection during the detailing process.
- Clay Bar – Car Pool Detail technicians hand clay bar the paint finish to remove embedded contaminants, leaving the paint a silky smooth finish
- Paint Compounding, Polishing or Jeweling - Depending on the service selected we will use different procedure for removing and minimizing paint imperfections, cloudiness, oxidation, scratches, spider-webbing, etc., Car Pool Detail restores your paint to a smooth, brilliant gloss, free of swirl marks.
- Coating, Polymer (Sealant) or Carnauba Wax – Applied to enhance brilliance and provide a protective layer to the paint surface, Car Pool Detail recommends a Coating for a longer lasting paint protection. We also provide Sealants and Waxing. Coatings are hard wearing, ceramic clear coat that provide superior resistance to scratching and protection from chemical etching due to environmental impacts. Coatings are hydrophobic in nature and offer better chemical resistance and surface marring.Sealants are an evolution of automotive wax technology. They provide longer lasting protection, can withstand greater temperatures without fracturing, contain UV blockers and amino functional resins which cross-link forming a protective barrier over the paint surface that is more durable than a wax.
- Hard-To-Get-To Surfaces – Some areas of your automobile are difficult to clean thoroughly. Car Pool Detail technicians dig down into the cracks, crevices, between panels, into the rubber trim, front grill, around logos and emblems, around the fuel door, key holes, wiper blades, door handles, and the antennae.
- Exterior Glass, Plastic, and Mirrors – Car Pool Detail cleans glass and mirrors until they are crystal clear, and polishes plastic, chrome, and trim, to a shine.
- Exterior Protective UV Dressing - Treated with a protective rubber and plastic UV protective dressing, faded plastic bumpers (Visit our Bumper Repair page for more information), rubber seals, molding, and tires are restored to their natural luster. A UV protective water-repellent dressing makes your fabric convertible tops good as new.
Special Exterior Services
- Engine Detailing – Visit our Engine & Undercarriage section for more information.
- Air Intake Plenum Cleaning – Located under the front wind shield and covered by a mesh screen that covers the air intake channel leading into the car’s interior, over time, leaves and debris accumulate under the plenum, blocking drain holes. This trapped debris is a breeding ground for dampness causing mold and mildew. Musty odors enter your compartment through this ventilation system. Car Pool Detail clears away any debris causing this problem.
- Sunroof Weep Hole Cleaning -Located at the four corners of your sun-roof, over time, leaves, twigs and debris clog these weep holes (drain holes) causing water to leak into the passenger cabin, resulting in mold and mildew damage.
- Undercarriage Pressure Washing – We high pressure wash the undercarriage to remove dirt and road salt. Visit our Engine & Undercarriage section for more information.
- Overspray removal – Car Pool Detail removes industrial fallout, latex paint, roofing material, sap, pollen, etc.
- Paint Touch-up – Visit our Paint Touch-up section for more information.
- Paintless Dent Repair – Visit our PDR section for more information.
- Bumper Repair – Visit our Bumper Repair section for more information.
- Door Edge Guards – Door edge guards protect against door chips.
- Headlight Polishing – Visit our Headlight Restoration section for more information.
- Glass Chip Repair – Visit our Windshield Repair section for more information.
- Trim Repainting – Car Pool Detail can repaint any faded or damaged exterior trim.